Hitta ansökningsinfo om jobbet Senior Scientist i Lund. Är det intressant kan du gå vidare och ansöka jobbet. Annars kan du klicka på arbetsgivaren eller yrkesbenämningen för att se alla jobb i Lund inom den kategorin.
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 46 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
The core of the MAX IV facility are three sources of synchrotron radiation: two storage rings and a linear accelerator (linac).
The largest of these accelerators is the 3 GeV storage ring, which is the first in the world to employ a multi-bend-achromat lattice to deliver ultrahigh-brightness synchrotron radiation and the first of the new generation of storage rings, of which only three are currently in existence worldwide. The linac accelerates the electron beam up to 3 GeV for injection into the storage rings or short pulse operation. Short bunches are delivered to a dedicated ultrafast science beamline. The bunch compression includes magnetic linearization, which enables a combination of ultrashort bunches and low energy and arrival time jitter. You will work in the Accelerator Development Group, which studies and develops all the accelerators at MAX IV.
Would you like to work at one of the brightest light-sources in the world?
MAX IV is looking for a senior scientist in longitudinal electron beam diagnostics, who will contribute to and drive the linear accelerator and diagnostics research and development. This is a temporary position for one year.
Your main work tasks will be
- MAX IV Transverse Deflecting Cavity commissioning and development
- Developments and improvements of laser synchronization
- Development of bunch arrival diagnostics
- Development of longitudinal diagnostics
- Contribute to the linear accelerator research and development.
To be successful in this role you need to have the following qualifications
- A PhD in Physics
- After the PhD, at least ten years of research experience in linear accelerator diagnostics
- Extensive experience with transverse deflecting systems for longitudinal beam diagnostics.
- Extensive experience in laser based accelerator synchronization systems
- Extensive experience in laser heater systems for linear accelerators used as drivers to FELs
- Experience in commissioning of linac driven FELs
- Experience with Electro-optical diagnostics
- Experience in diagnostics detector development
- Experience with bunch-arrival diagnostics
- Experience with linear accelerator optimization for free electron laser operation
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
As a person you are eager to share your experience, open to new ideas and determined to get improvement concepts to work in practice.
What we offer
When you join our MAX IV family, you step into a world at the forefront of science. We make the invisible visible by supporting scientist from all over the world, generating scientific results for the benefit of society. We offer you a multicultural work environment with great opportunities for personal development with respect for a healthy work-life balance.
Would you like to work in a challenging and supporting environment? Then join us and take the opportunity to make a real difference!
For further information, please visit:
On call services may apply.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. It will receive up to 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.