Are you passionate about laboratory work and drug discovery? Then you might be our next Laboratory Engineer. Alligator Bioscience AB in Lund is seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Engineer. The position is temporary (18 month) full-time, starting as soon as possible.
Alligator Bioscience is a clinical stage biotech company situated in the Medicon Village science park in Lund, southern Sweden. We develop innovative antibody treatments for cancer patients. Our most advanced program, mitazalimab, is in clinical Phase II trials in Europe and our pipeline includes additional ongoing Phase I trials as well as several pre-clinical development projects. We are currently approx. 55 employees. We believe that work can be fun and balanced, and we have a flexible mindset to accommodate this philosophy. We offer an attractive employment package in a dynamic and informal work environment rooted in an atmosphere of mutual respect, innovation, and dedication.
As Laboratory Engineer, you will be part of Alligator’s Discovery department where Scientists, Research and Laboratory engineers collaborate closely to fulfill project goals. The department focuses on the development of novel antibody based immuno-oncology drugs for treatment of solid tumors. The Discovery department consists of 12 members from different backgrounds within immunology, tumor biology, molecular biology and antibody engineering. The work may involve engineering of monoclonal and bispecific antibodies, and screening and testing of leads to ensure optimal generation of candidate drugs. In addition, the work may also involve development of in vitro/ex vivo assays using cell lines, immune primary cells and tumor derived material as well application of such assays to screen and characterize the generated antibodies. The projects are currently both internal projects in preclinical phase and early research projects performed in collaboration with other companies. It is fast paced, collaborative, dynamic environment that requires a flexible and curious mindset and teamwork.
Your essential tasks will be:
* To be part of research projects and perform various assays. Daily tasks may include analyses with immunoassays,
ELISA, cell culturing work, performing functional in vitro assay, protein production and quality analyses, molecular
biology work such as PCR, cloning and transfections.
* Planning of own laboratory activities within projects.
* Analyzing, interpreting, compiling, documentation and reporting on own research results
To be successful in this role it is essential to have laboratory experience and knowledge on immunoassays and sterile techniques for handling cell cultures.
The ideal candidate has:
* A bachelor’s or master’s degree in molecular biology, biomedicine, biochemistry or similar preferably combined
with hands on laboratory experience
* Practical experience in preferably several of the following areas:
* ELISA, SPR or other protein binding assays
* Multi-color flow cytometry
* Molecular biology methods such as PCR, cloning techniques and DNA preparation and sequence analyses
* Cultivation and handling of microbial and/or mammalian cells
* In vitro assay development using either cell lines or primary cells
* Antibody/ protein expression, affinity purification and protein analysis
In addition, we expect the ideal candidate to be:
* Flexible, quality minded with strong interpersonal skills
* A team player
* Structured and ordered
* Unafraid of automation, high tech, IT
* Fluent in English as the company language is English
Alligator is a biotech company dedicated to the goal of curing cancer. Being part of a small organization offers high visibility, broad responsibilities, and an opportunity to make a real impact. You will be working with a dedicated team, there is an informal and personal atmosphere at Alligator where everybody helps one another to reach even greater achievements together. Alligator is an exciting and dynamic place to work.
The combination of wide-ranging growth opportunities, Alligator’s unique position and the company’s core values has created a strong brand in both the academic community and the international pharmaceutical industry
We handle screening and selection ongoing and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible, but no later than October 30th. Please upload your CV and cover letter via the attached form. All enquiries are treated confidentially. Please note that we don´t accept applications via e-mail.
For further information, please contact Laura von Schantz, VP Discovery, phone +46?702 558 103 or email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!