About the role
As a Technical Secretary at European Sallation Source (ESS) you will have various tasks within documentation.
Here´s what a Technical Secretary can expect in the day-to-day
• Use CHESS (ESS document management tool) to create new document, create new revision of existing document, find/use appropriate template, assign reviewers, describe purpose of review
• Proof-read and edit technical documents in English, fix formatting errors, language errors
• Help document owners fix existing documents with known errors and bring them into alignment with quality requirements for SSM documentation
This recruitment process is a collaboration with Adecco. The role as Technical Secretary is a consultant assignment with starting date as soon as possible and will proceed during a period of 1 year.
The office is located in Lund.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor in technical field, (engineering, physics, safety, chemistry) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualities we´re looking for in this role:
• Experience in document management
• Experience in writing, proof-reading and editing of technical documentation, experience with documentation in English is particularly beneficial
• Ability to communicate well with individuals in technical fields including engineering, science, safety
• Good written and oral skills in English
You as a person
We believe that to enjoy and perform in this position, you consider these following competencies as a significant part of your character:
• Communication – ability to establish and maintain good communication with team members, you are comfortable communicating with individuals of varying technical backgrounds, ability to compile information in an organized manner and communicate through written media.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a group
• Adaptability, flexible approach, and ability to cope with changing demands and priorities, willing to learn new skills
• Organizational skills – demonstrated ability to plan and organize your work to meet schedule and performance requirements.
• Patience – comfortable with repetitive tasks that require attention to detail
We will attribute great importance to personal suitability.
The European Spallation Source (ESS) is a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC), a multi-disciplinary research facility based on the world´s most powerful neutron source. Our vision is to build and operate the world´s most powerful neutron source, enabling scientific breakthroughs in research related to materials, energy, health and the environment, and addressing some of the most important societal challenges of our time.
If you have questions about the assignment or the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact responsible recruiter:
Marie Ekvall via email@example.com
If you have questions about registration, please contact our support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome with your application!
We kindly ask you to write your application in English.
Technical Secretary, Administration, Administrator, Office, ESS, Adecco, Skåne, Malmö, Lund